Five Easy Daily Low Back Stretches, for Stiffness Aches or Pain!
Easy stretching exercises to be able to move and open the low back, hips and pelvis. For anyone experiencing stiffness aches or pain.
- Cat Camel – Gentle smooth mobiliser, move to the top and bottom smoothly for 30-60seconds this can be repeated multiple times a day,
- Lumbar Extension – Keep the hips and pelvis planted whilst lifting your chest, this may be a much smaller movement then shown in the video. The aim is to feel the low back tension when it reaches the pivot. Hold for 8-10seconds on each side and repeat 3x,
- Glut Stretch -lying on your back, head resting, pull one knee up with both hands to the same shoulder once in this position try and pull the knee across to the other shoulder. Hold for 8-10seconds and repeat on each side 3x,
- Lumbar Rotation – with both legs bent to 90degrees rotate to one side while rotating to the opposite side with upper body and arm. Hold for 8-10seconds and repeat on each side 3x,
- Child Pose – Sitting deep onto the heals, gently fold at the waist and try to stretch both arms as far forward as possible, whilst sitting deep. hold for 10seconds and repeat 3x.