5 Daily Beginner Core Strengthening Exercises to help Back Pain
Beginner Core Exercises
These should only be done once recovery and pain control has been underway and the initial mobility exercises have been done for a few weeks.
- Plank – Aiming for a one minute hold – this can be build up in 20second holds.
- Side Plank – Again aiming on a minute per side but can be build up in 20second holds
- Superman – Strong table top back position use the arm and leg as counter weights, bracing the core and concentrating on a stable pelvis and truck – hold for 60 seconds
- Dead Bug – Flatten the low back on the floor brace the core and smoothly move the arm and leg whilst keeping the low back flat against the floor – hold 60 seconds
- Gluteus Raise – Raising the hips up with the feet flat and knees at 90degrees. Aiming to get good buttock contraction – move for 60seconds
See the mobility exercises for low back, mid back and neck
See the foundation lessons on how to breath, brace and pivot.