5 New Advanced Core Exercises
Only to be done when recommended by your chiropractor. These positions are advanced with the potential to aggravate any underlying issue or effect your recovery. Do not try until you have mastered the beginner core exercises.
- 1) Plank Taps & Plank Rolls – Each can be done for 30seconds- 1minute, control the movement, contract the core.
- 2) Extension Superman – Lift chest arm and head with legs at the top end squeeze for 2-5seconds, should be slow and controlled not jarring.
- 3) Bear Walk – On toes and hands with knees up, straight back and spine – move forward and back a few steps with control & keeping height in the back.
- 4) Plank Walks- From a plank position walk the hands in towards the feet whilst hinging the hips, loading the gluts and hamstrings not your low back. (hinge)
- 5) Boat Pose – 10seconds Holds, tall and long through your low back with chest high, keep the back engaged and not rounded in this pose
You can see all earlier exercises HERE.