5 Easy Daily Stretches to help with shoulder pain and mid back pain and tension
As always these exercises should be done when prescribed during the correct phase of your chiropratic treatment.
Stretches should be slow and controlled not aggravating and forced. Its normal to feel a tension or light ache but stay away from sharpness and pain. For these exercises you’ll need a towel and a light weight.
- Shoulder Rolls – Tall, clockwise and anticlockwise rotations through the shoulders shoulder blades, chest and mid back.
- Shoulder Extension – With towel behind the back in two hands pull back and separate with the towel to create tension
- Shoulder Towel Rotation – With the towel again behind the back, one hand going over the top and one going under to the low back gently pull the towel as high then as low as the shoulders will allow.
- Shoulder Weight Rotation – With the head supported on your side, the arm should be resting at the waist with the elbow at 90degrees. Holding a light weight then let the arm rotate in and out
- Scapular Press Ups – On the floor in either a conventional press up or modified on your knees. The aim is to lock the arms out and and move the body up and down using the shoulders and shoulder blades. This will be a much smaller movement then you’d expect. 3
For more information regarding the foundations of exercise please read, breathing, bending and bracing.