5 Best Stretches to help with hip and pelvic stiffness & Pain
Never Stretch into Pain or feel aggravated through these positions, you are to guide and progress not be aggressive through these actions.
- Hip Flexor Stretch – Keep the low back tall, move the hips forward, raise the arm above the head on the stretch side and hold for 10seconds on each side, repeat 3x
- Hip Flexor to Hamstring – From the hip flexor stretch position you can then move the hips backward, straightening the bent leg in front of you. With this leg straight and low back supported lean into the hamstring. hold for 10seconds and repeat 3x on both sides
- Hamstring Progression- Using a strap, band or towel, laying on your back, try and gently straighten the leg. Both sides hold for 10seconds repeat 3x.
- Hip Rotation -Lying on your back bend one knee and bring the ankle or foot of the other side onto the bent knee. Use your hands on the bent knee side to gently pull towards yourself. On both sides hold for 10seconds and repeat 3x.
- Pigeon – (Advanced rotation) with one leg in front of you bent and folded across across your centre line, your back leg should be straight and hips level. Use the arms and upper body to move forward over your front folded leg. Both sides 10second holds and repeat 3X daily.
If you need any more help or advice please email info@dublincitychiropractic.
Exercises are only supportive of a working body, If you are inflamed or experiencing intense pain levels. These are not advisable and please make an appointment with your Chiropractor.
See stretches for the low back and dont forget the foundations to all movement breath, brace and hinge.